Re: Debian cannot find the CD

Hello Barry,

Am 23:34 2002-12-05 +0800 hat Barry Cugley geschrieben:

>After restarting the computer, putting a cd in its drive and double clicking on the cd icon, I get the message:
>"mount: special device /dev/cdrom does not exist"

Thats right, becasuse /dev/cdrom is only a symbolic link !

Look for your cdrom in /var/log/messages

If your cdrom is on the same cable with the Harddisk, the cdrom is
'dev/hdb'. If it is on the second cable, it is '/dev/hdc' or '/dev/hdd'

and then make a 'ln -s /dev/hdX /dev/cdrom' where the 'X' is the letter
for your CD-Rom.

Michelle