Re: spamassassin: recovery from CPAN install

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 07:24:54AM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> OK, I screwed up more that I thought I did.
>
> I installed Mail::SpamAssassin and
> Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus via CPAN.
>
> now the debian package for spamassassin keeps giving me errors.
>
> This is after I removed the aforementioned packages from the PC
> and reinstalled spamassassin from the deb tree. (2.43-1)
>
> OK, I screwed up.  How do I recover this so that the .deb packages
> actually work?

Nate seems to have sorted out your issue this time, but in future
remember that Debian contains a huge number of perl modules (including
the SpamAssassin ones) that are just an apt-get install away.  If the
version in {stable, testing} is too old, then you can go get the version
from sid.  Also, there's dh-make-perl which can be used to make .deb
package from CPAN modules.

-rob