Re: root fs not in df

06.12.2002 19:25:57, "nate" <debian-user@aphroland.org> wrote:

>Michael Naumann said:
>> On one of my systems, wich otherwise works perfectly, I
>> have one small issue.
>> If I do 'df', I do not see my root fs. (Same for 'mount')
>> I know it is here and it works (it's /dev/hda4).
>> The corresponding entry is in the /etc/fstab.
>
>check /etc/mtab see what it says. thats very unusal. anything
>odd happen before this started happening? crash or anything?

In /etc/mtab it isn't mentioned either.

And yes, there was something odd, I forgot to mention.
It came back to my memory since I now have a second system with
the very same symptoms.
Both systems are installed using Knoppix (/usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall).

What's most strange to me, is that the systems work quite well
despite this fact.

rdev comes to my mind. But I never had to use it before.

- Michael