Help - PCI card detection problem

I've got a box that's failing to see a certain PCI card.
When I run 'lspci', it sees all the other cards fine, but not this one.

On other boxen, lspci detects the card without problems

Kernel: 2.4.19
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-5AA
Chipset: Ali M1542 southbridge, Ali M1543C northbridge
CPU: AMD K6/2-500

The card I'm using is a PCI modem, with a Conexant HFC chip.

I've tried the card in all available slots, I've tried taking out other
cards - all the obvious combinations.

But as far as lspci and /proc/bus/pci are concerned, the card simply
doesn't exist.

What's strange is that my workstation box, with an Innovision mobo, sees
the card just fine.

What do I need to do to get this card recognised on my Gigabyte mobo?
Are there any kernel patches I need? If so, where?

The BIOS doesn't seem to give me any real options either.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks massively in advance