Re: mozilla start (multiple times versus -remote)

On Sat, 07 Dec 2002 00:22:40 -0800
Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>    mozilla wrapper used to start up a new mozilla or mozilla -remote,
> depending on whether mozilla was already running. Which made it easy to
> open new browser window, regardles of whether one was already running.
>
>    However now mozilla starts profile wizard and doesn't allow to use
> default profile (says profile is already used) when mozilla is already
> running. which makes it inconvenient to use in scripts (or various
> launchers etc.)
>
>    is there any trick I can use to easily open a new mozilla window
> (regardles of whether one is already open?
>
>    I mean something simpler then (pseudocode):
>
> if mozilla -remote 'ping()' then
> 	mozilla
> else
> 	mozilla -remote 'xfeDoCommand (openBrowser)'
> fi
>
>    TIA-
>
> 	erik
You can try the method recommended here:

http://linux-sxs.org/multimoz.html

someone wrote a patch but I have never tried it, if you come up with something else, please post it back on the list.  I have just gotten used to only running one instance.

Shawn