Re: non-embedded inbox monitor

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 02:50:18PM -0500, Gregory Seidman wrote:
> Is there a nice simple way to have a single, solitary gnome applet
> standalone? Or perhaps some other mail notification thing that has
> support for IMAP and runs standalone?

Sounds like you want imapbiff
(http://bulldog.tzo.org/imapbiff/imapbiff.html).

"imapbiff checks IMAP accounts for new mail. It uses images similar to those
of the classic xbiff program. It works similar to xbiff, except it is only
used to check for new mail in IMAP accounts."

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that