Re: SB Live - Resolved - Network Issues

    Please don't top post.

Good point. Participation on too many top post heavy lists has lead to some bad habits :-)

    You can find that module in the latest kernel versions. I use it myself.
Either download a pre-built kernel binary (look for kernel-image packages), or
better yet, build your own. The pre-built ones are all bloated so they work
for everybody. You're better off building your own.

Good call. I built a lean 2.4.20 kernel and things seem to work well. However, I lost DHCP on my NICs in the process. They are regular Realtek 10/100 and the driver loads fine, however I cannot get them to transmit bootp requests. ifconfig detects them, and if I manually add addresses, they work ok.

Normally, I would just mess with these awhile until I got them working, however some poking around my libraries and dependencies has lead me to concern about their status. For example, depmod -v indicates many things failing (net, ipv4 for example). Is this normal?

Thanks

Pete