From: sean finney [mailto:seanius@seanius.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 9:56 AM
To: Wathen, Metherion
Cc: 'Samaad Story'; Debian-User (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Mail Server (LINUX)!

heya,

instead of just leaving yourself with an unconfigured mail server,
how about installing ssmtp?  it's a simple mta that does not listen
for incoming mail and merely forwards all mail to another server.  i
suggest it because there are often important things that get sent
via email (like output of cron, et c.) and with an unconfigured
mta they just silently get dropped.  it's also REALLY easy to set up:
it asks you the name of the hub to forward mail to, and that's it.

	sean

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 09:49:09AM -0500, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
> Hi Keith,
> Glad I was able to help with the mouse situation, unfortunately I don't
have
> any idea about what to do for the mail server. When I set up my linux box
> told exim not to config because I knew that I'll prolly never use it for
> email.
> I receive all my email at work through M$ Outlook. Try reposting your mail
> server situation to the group I'm sure someone there knows the answer.
Sorry