Re: cluster: rsh vs. ssh

how well do you trust your users?  is your cluster's network physically
secured--that is, do users not have access to the machines and their
network cables?  for example, if i had access, i could unplug one of the
nodes and plug in my laptop with a pre-configured ip/mac addr, and
then i could go anywhere that the old machine could go via rhosts.

of course if the entire cluster is locked in another room and on
a completely private net, you might not be gaining that much security,
and i'll bet performance is a bit faster without all that encryption.

	sean