terminal configuration with bell sounds

Hi,

I have a small problem with the terminals in the 3.0r0 woody release (I just upgraded to testing/unstable, but the problem should remain the same). It seems that the standard configuration of the terminal (standard "debian" in terminfo) does not have the ability to emit bell sounds. I searched long and hard for a way to enable them (unlike some people I want them :) but I can't seem to find it. xset is setup properly, I put set bell-style audible in my .inputrc and finally after some reading I found that the terminal capabilities might be where the problem is.

Could somebody help me out here? Is there something I'm missing?

(if this has previously been asked on this list I'm sorry, didn't find any searching the archives)

greetings,
Wim