audio problem restated

Hello Debian users,

I'm going to restate my problem regarding this audio cd problem that I'm having. But first, I would like to thank all those that have contributed in this matter. I am currently running kernel 2.4.18-bf24. I have a IDE-CDRW from LG. I'm running KDE3.0.5 and I have XMMS with the cd-read plugin. I have absolutely no trouble at all reading data cds as a normal user. With this being said, I don't think it's a group related problem. When I run XMMS from the shell, I get this error:
libmikmod.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Would that error possible cause all this nuisance? If indeed when it does read an audio-cd, what exactly happens? Does a new window pop open with the cd tracks? If I were to browse /cdrom with konqueror, would I see such audio files?

bp