Blinking Keyboard Light Error Condition Codes after early boot freeze

Hi,

   I made a bootdisk as per Tom's instructions here:

<http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Bootdisk-HOWTO/x1440.html>

although my bootdisk is using busybox and uClibc - but it does not get
as far as busybox.

   The error occurs directly after LILO completes and decompress_kernel()
in arch/i386/boot/compressed/misc.c successfully displays:

         Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.

The entire boot sequence stops here as far as screen output is
concerned; however, two of the "lock" keys are flashing in sequence:
the Num Lock LED light and the Caps Lock LED light.

    I have been looking for the meaning of "Caps Lock and Num Lock
blinking in sequence" but so far to no avail.

    Does anyone know what the lights mean or where I should look to
find out?

    Thank you, Elizabeth