ICP Vortex RAID in Debian 3.0

Hi there,

I am adding a 10th machine to our translation cluster, it's got a nifty
RAID card called ICP Vortex.  I have done a few installs and noted that the
OS sees only the host drive, which is a great sign.

But when I reboot, I just get a blinking cursor.  [There are several
options at this point, what with drive partitioning being what it is, maybe
an old MBR that needs to get wiped or something...]

My question is this:  Does anyone out there in userland have any experience
with these cards and getting them to work with Debian?  Is it better to use
the CD set insteal of the 3-floppy approach (rescue,root.bin,module load,
reboot)?  Intel purchased this company, and the manual notes it works fine
with Debian, using the gdth.0 module.  I am just curious about this,
because RAID is complex to begin with.

Any insight, advice or links would be most appreciated.  Our other 9 boxes
all run debian using LVS for high availability, the OS works like a champ.

Sincerely,
Karl R. Balsmeier
Senior Systems Engineer
PROZ.COM - Translation Central