Re: can't change cdrom speed

This one time, at band camp, suresh kumar sharma said:
> Hello,

> I am not able to change the speed of my cdrom ever since I have
> configured to do cd writing and linking /dev/hdc to /dev/scd0, I was
> using hdparm to change the speed but it does not work because instead
> of "hdparm -E 4 /dev/hdc" now I have to give this commd " hdparm -E 4
> /dev/scd0 " and it does not recognise scd0 .

Hey there,

There was just a thread about exactly this problem within the last
month.  I don't remember the solution, but a search of the archives
should turn it up for you.

|  Stephen Gran                  | BOFH excuse #444:  overflow error in    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | /dev/null                               |