From: Rob Weir <rweir@softhome.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: weird X effect
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 18:03:29 +1100

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 10:30:07PM -0500, Bruce Park wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Thanks to many generouse people's advise, I now removed xfonts-100dpi and > am using xfonts-75dpi. Now one of the main reasons for this transition was
> to make emacs look nice but now it looks like there is a problem with
> graphics. Please look at the file attatchment and tell me what I can do to > solve this problem. My assumption is that this has to do with ttf but since
> I'm a noob, I really can't say.
> As always, all help is greatly appreciated.

Ouch.  That's pretty ugly.  You can select a font using 'xfontsel', then
set it in ~/.Xresources with a line like this:

Emacs.font: -xos4-terminus-medium-r-normal-*-*-140-*-*-*-*-*-*

Choose any font you like for the above, but emacs will not like a
non-fixed width font, iirc.  You might need to run
'xrdb -load ~/.Xresources' in your ~/.xsession.  Also, make sure you
disable 'make my apps pretend to look like KDE ones' in the KDE Control
Centre under Themes, IIRC.  It just looks crap.

-rob
<< attach3 >>