783/tcp hp-alarm-mgr

Hi,

checked my machine with nmap and came up with the following:

# nmap -sR localhost

Starting nmap V. 3.00 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
(The 1591 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service (RPC)
21/tcp     open        ftp
22/tcp     open        ssh
25/tcp     open        smtp
53/tcp     open        domain
80/tcp     open        http
110/tcp    open        pop-3
111/tcp    open        sunrpc (rpcbind V2)
113/tcp    open        auth
783/tcp    open        hp-alarm-mgr
953/tcp    open        rndc

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 6 seconds
#

What is the hp-alarm-mgr entry? And equally strange for me is the rndc from the bind9-package, why its it listening on a port, and how/can I remove it.

And again, from my earlier letters, my goal is to have a minimal setup for mail on this server with the absolute bare started and open to the public.

TIA,

- Niclas

|_|_|_|_| Niclas Söderlund
|_|_|_|_| All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy