Re: Exim permissions

* Derrick 'dman' Hudson (dman@dman.ddts.net) [021201 17:00]:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 10:02:56PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> | OK, but I still don't quite understand why the "trusted user" bit
> | doesn't work.
> Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that part.  The short answer is
> trusted_user doesn't mean what you think it means.  See section 5.2 of
> the spec for a longer explanation.  The main thing I remember is that
> a trusted user is allowed to specify an arbitrary envelope sender
> using the -f command line option.

other users (not listed in trusted_users) can still set a sender with -f
on the command line, but exim will insert a "Sender: " header indicating
who sent the message.  So the envelope will still be as specified on the
command line, but the non-trusted_user can be more easily identified.
As dman says, check the spec for the full spiel.

good times,
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."  -- Barry Goldwater