Re: Exim permissions

* Derrick 'dman' Hudson (dman@dman.ddts.net) [021201 17:00]:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 10:02:56PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
>
> | OK, but I still don't quite understand why the "trusted user" bit
> | doesn't work.
>
> Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that part.  The short answer is
> trusted_user doesn't mean what you think it means.  See section 5.2 of
> the spec for a longer explanation.  The main thing I remember is that
> a trusted user is allowed to specify an arbitrary envelope sender
> using the -f command line option.

other users (not listed in trusted_users) can still set a sender with -f
on the command line, but exim will insert a "Sender: " header indicating
who sent the message.  So the envelope will still be as specified on the
command line, but the non-trusted_user can be more easily identified.
As dman says, check the spec for the full spiel.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/