Exim + Procmail + Cyrus

First off I'm a relative Debian Newbie, but I've been using Linux, Unix and
Windows Systems for in excess of 13 years. General rule of thumb, assume I
know nothing :)

Anyhoo, I've got a pretty sweet exim + cyrus configuration going and I'm
happy with it - so I thought I'd plug procmail into it and do some nifty
filtering.

My .procmailrc is as follows:

SHELL="/bin/sh"
DELIVERMAIL="/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver"
LOGFILE="$HOME/.maillog"
IMAP="$DELIVERMAIL -e -q -m user.david"
LOGABSTRACT="all"
VERBOSE=ON

:0
|$IMAP

This results in a procmail error when it executes cyrdeliver to the tune of
"Invalid Message Header". I've ensured that the user account in question can
run cyrdeliver (so it's not a permissioning issue).

Has anyone successfully set this up? Any pointers possible templates for the
.procmailrc file? Pointers?

Thanks!

David