Re: SpamAssassin Config Questions

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 12:15:45PM -0800, Michelle Storm wrote:
| in /usr/share/spamassasin/
|
| There are a lot of files.
[...]
| Do I need to? or Should I? Copy those files into my /etc/spamassassin
| folder?

No.

| I've finally got my spamassassin working to the point that I'm actually
| recieving my mail, even with it running.

Good.

| But I don't think it's currently filtering.

SA doesn't filter.  It tags.  In good unix style it does one thing
(and does it well).  You need to glue it together with the rest of
your system in a manner that suits you.

| All that I currently have in /etc/spamassassin is: local.cf

Use procmail, maildrop, or an exim filter to look for the X-Spam-Flag:
header (or X-Spam-Status: depending on how you want to filter it) and
redirect the tagged mail to an appropriate location.

HTH,
-D

--
The nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/