Re: debian user vs. browser plug-ins

Colin Watson wrote:
On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 05:53:55PM -0800, Leo Spalteholz wrote:

On November 30, 2002 03:56 pm, vasco figueiredo wrote:

you can add

deb http://marillat.free.fr/ stable main

to /etc/apt/sources.list
and do

# apt-get install mplayer

I've never gotten this to work.. In my sources I have:
deb http://marillat.free.fr/ testing main

You can't reliably just make up a distribution, especially not for
non-Debian sources. Try either 'stable' or 'unstable' instead of
'testing'.

He appears to have fixed it now, but not that long ago, Christian had on his website that 'deb http://marillat.free.fr/ testing main' was the correct source.list line if you wanted testing packages even though their were no packages in that archive[or at least from what I could determine the only thing in the archive was w32codecs] so the poster wasn't necessarily just making up a distribution. Though as I said, the website no longer claims that a testing archive exists.