Re: VIA8233 audio

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 11:41:53AM +0000, Jeff Penn wrote:

   > Not sure about this.  Did you try a modprobe snd-via8233 ?

Yes. The same problem about codec not being ready.

   > I don't have my system available at the moment, but from my notes I used
   > the following to configure my card:
   <snip>
As posted, I have the same set of lines in my modules.conf.

   > One more thought, do you have alsa-path defined in /etc/modultils?.

Yes.

The drivers at www.viaarena.com provide drivers, binary only, for
Mandrake, Redhat, RedFlag and Suse, but not debian :-(

Any other thing that I might have overlooked?

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

A friend of mine has a barcode on his arm.
He rings up as a $.35 pack of JuicyFruit.
        -- Seen on Slashdot