Quoting style

OK, I think we took on a lot of newbies, or the regulars are getting
really bad about this.  Your MUA puts the cursor of your editor at the
top of the message because people tend to read top-down to edit, not
as an excuse to top post.  Trim what you're not responding to, and
respond conversationally, it'll make the threads *far* easier to
follow and be less likely to piss people off trying to read it and
actually recover context from it.

http://ursine.dyndns.org/jargon/html/Email-Quotes.html

 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user