Re: sawfish makes itself x-window-manager

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 03:09:33AM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
>   not sure when it happened, I guess it was during dist-upgrade, but
> suddenly sawfish was the x-window-mananger (I definitely did not run
> update-alternatives).
>
>   is this a bug or intented behaviour? If it's a "feature, can it be
> disabled?

Yes, if set to automatic, update-alternatives will set alternative with
the highest priority. If you run "update-alternative --config x-window-manager"
and select your preferred window manager, update-alternatives will go
into manual mode and will not change x-window-manager again until you
manually change it or reset update-alternatives to auto mode.

--
Jerome