Paper based survey/database, (Was Re: web based survey/database)

On Friday 29 November 2002 12:58, Chip Rose wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Mike Egglestone wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm looking for a deb package (or any linux package) that would
> > provide a web based solution for users to
> > take surveys, answer questions and have the data
> > stored in some kind of database to be displayed on
> > a web page.
> > Any such software packages out there?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Mike
>
> ===============
> Try DaDaBIK, which is a web-based interface to MySQL/PHP.  You'll need a
> webhost which supports MySQL/PHP, and with a little knowledge of MySQL,
> DaDaBIK pretty much gives you a very basic but functional interface via
> webpage or with HTML code that can be embedded into your existing webpage.
> www.dadabik.org
>
> Hope that helps,
>
>  - Chip

As a followup, are there any packages out there for the generation and
analysis of dead tree surveys, that is to say surveys printed on real paper?
Having an OCR system tied in would be nice, but not essential.  Looking
for something to do a survey aimed at a target audience of 2000.

All the ones I have found so far are either expensive and Windows based or
Web based.

Thanks in advance

David