Re: Partition size

On Thursday 28 November 2002 19:06, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:52:14AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
>
> > I have had no problems with ext3 either, nor have I heard of anyone
> > having problems, nor is there any bugs open in e2fsprogs. Should we
> > just flatly recommend ext3 in the manual? Or maybe something like
>
> One issue with ext3 (unless it has been fixed since I last noticed) is
> that it spins up the disk at regular intervals which may not be
> desirable on systems such as laptops.

For this very reason, I have ext2. But gkrellm shows me small write
peaks every other second. I figured out, that /var/log/XFree86.0.log
gets filled with
(II) PM Event received: Power Status Change

I asked some days ago in a separate thread, how do solve this issue,
but noone replied.  Googling around shows, that other people have the
same problem, yet no solution is provided.

Hence, (at least for me) independent of the filesystem I use,
my disk will never spin down.

I'd really love to have a solution for this.

-- Michael