Can I eliminate carriage returns when sending to mac

I have to send text files to a publisher who uses a mac.

The files are written with vim and sent via mutt. I am told that all the
lines have carriage returns. I've tried using no textwidth setting in
vim and have converted the files to mac format but it still doesn't
work. I also sent them as rtf converted with abiword but no better.

Is there any way to send files that don't have this?

AC
--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic