Re: question about the security of entries in sources.list

sean finney said:
> hey all,

> the principle of the matter, is there any way to limit the packages that
> can be retrieved from a specific source?

i too would like this info. I have been pretty turned off from
3rd party apt sources(that is, having them in sources.list all the time)
for a couple years now, I had KDE's 3rd party apt sources(tdyc.com I think)
and for some reason they put a "new" version of SSH in the sources, and
my system happily upgraded it. I found about it pretty quick when my
SSH stuff totally broke but it was kinda scary:)

nate