Re: compile 2.4.19 kernel,.. the debian way?

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:57:53 -0500, cmustard <cmustard@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> I would appreciate any help/info or guidence in this area, also any
> current good reading material on `proper' kernel compiling,... the debian way.

The READMEs in /usr/share/doc/kernel-package are quite good. As a
general rule it is a good idea to start by looking in
/usr/share/doc/packagename for information about packagename. If you
can't find anything there, then it is time for searching on Google
Groups. Most questions you think of have been asked before already.

There is also a howto on http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/ which you
might find useful but consider the README's authoritative. Also you
could take a look at the Debian Reference Manual, which has a section
on kernel compilation.

                                                Faheem.