Need a script to reboot when xfree86 takes 99% of cpu

I have trouble with 6 of the workstations used by my users, 60 teachers. Occasionally, once a day, the machine will hang totally because of Xfree86 taking 99% of the CPU. This happens when the users logs out, the screen will go all grey/black, and won't respond to any keyboard activity, the solution is to ssh into it from another machine and reboot it.

The machines have 800 MHz AMD cpu, and a SIS 305 videocard. I dont know what causes this problem, this can happen to any user, for no special reason. I have tried different configurations of X, both with and without framebuffer, but with no sucess.

So now I'm looking for a script that will solve my problem in a less than elegant way; I'm looking for a script that will run via a cron job every 5 minutes or so, that will look for a runaway Xfree86 process taking 99% (or some other triggering limit) of CPU, and when that is found, it will reboot the machine automatically. Does anyone know how such a script should look like?

Marius