joy!

I really should have subscribed to this list a long time ago.  Thanks again
everyone for the help.  I've been playing with this Debian box for a little
over a month now.  I have really gotten frusterated at times, but feel like
I'm on top of the world today.

Not only did I get my eth0 loading at boot, but while I was in there messing
around I got the tlan module loaded to, and now both my nics work!  I really
hope to use this linux server as a nat/firewall.  I was even able to
rearrange the order in /etc/modules so my better nic is still eth0, and my
smbfs mount is working great.

How do I tell the tlan nic (compaq netflex 3 on mb) to go to 100 instead of
10?  I'm not sure it's possible, I know there were some models of compaq 4000
desktops that would NOT do 100 under windows no matter what you did.

Also, when I had the 3c59x nic accidently loading as eth1, the mac address was
showing up as ff.ff.ff.ff.ff.ff.  It seemed to work oddly enough.  What would
I do to try to fix that?