two different netenvs (work and home)

Netenv cannot deal with my adsl connection, so I would like to disable it and make a script that calls dhcp (work) or calls my pptp script. The problem is in init.d there is netenv, but I can find nothing in the rcX.d dirs that is connected to networking, unless it is inetd, but I always thought this was about starting the web server.

I have looked at /etc/init.d/networking and it seems quite low level, so it looks I should run this no matter what. I guess what I want to do is cut in with my script before the dhcp stuff starts, so I can choose not to use it, but after the network card is activated for the operating system.

Any help with how to make this work, and with setting up the script would be much appreciated.....

tia,

rohan