Re: ES1371 not functioning

Andrew R Reid wrote:

-SNIP- <

Yes, I have a Intel Lancewood mainboard with two Pentium III 450s on it.
The board uses IO APIC to remap IRQ or something like that (I don't
understand exactly)

Do you mean PnP OS=yes?

I could try it?

I mean PnP OS=no.

BUT, I just found the reference earlier this month that I mentioned. Look at the "Networking Woes with 2.4 kernel" thread starting about 8 Nov. (OP was Jeff Cours) He had similar probs with a NIC on a new MB that used APIC. He turned this off and things started working for him. Here is his "solution":

>The kind folks on the kernelnewbies list (kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org) >recognized the problem and suggested I try the 'noapic' kernel >parameter. Adding
>
>append="noapic"
>
>to the lilo.conf stanza put the interrupts back where the should be.

Might give this a try and see what happens...

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-