Re: Autoload Modules

Hi,

* Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk> [021127 19:41]:
> Hi All, I've just installed woody on my laptop and all is fine apart
> from the sis900 module for LAN isn't being autoloaded.

Congrats.

> If I do a manal modprobe I can then do ifup eth0 with no problems.
> What file do I have to edit to autoload the module?

Well, I don't know about "auto load", but you you can load it at boot
by adding it to /etc/modules.

echo sis900 >> /etc/modules

or you can, run modconf, navigate through the menus and install it,
and I believe modconf will then edit the config file for you.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux onefish 2.4.19-lavienx #1 Sat Sep 21 19:58:12 EST 2002