RE: ES1371 not functioning

Andrew R Reid said:

> Can you lease send me your modules.conf so that I can compare.  I'd be
> very gratefull.  Will send mp3s?

I've never used modules.conf. Another poster reccomends trying the
es1370 module instead of the 1371, In the past for me at least loading
the wrong module didn't work(the wrong module refused to load) but I
don't remember if I was trying to load 1370 on 1371 or 1371 on 1370 or
both.

this is what lspci gives me on this machine:
00:0c.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1370 [AudioPCI] (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Unknown device 4942:4c4c
	Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 32, IRQ 15
	I/O ports at e400

and my kernel(2.2.19) has this module built in to it:
CONFIG_SOUND_ES1370=y

(it also has all the sound stuff built in as well). hopefully you
can get it workin by loadin the other module. I would expect the
sound core modules to auto load with modprobe, I suppose its possible
one of them did not(perhaps one that provides sound!), these
sound modules I have compiled directly into my kernel:

CONFIG_SOUND=y

from the looks of the docs it is the soundcore.o module.

nate