Re: Compiling kernel for AMD CPU with gcc 3.02 How?

This one time, at band camp, Colin Watson said:
> Only if you bump the version number a bit in debian/changelog and
> arrange to have the packages put on hold, of course.

With most packages, yes, but this seems to be an odd case - I get .debs
named:
cpp_3.2.1-1_i386.deb
g++_3.2.1-1_i386.deb
gcc_3.2.1-1_i386.deb
and so forth - the version number is apparently being generated from
debian/rules, rather from the changelog.  I suppose it makes sense, as
it's basically just a package of symlinks, but it is odd.  But brief
testing has shown that apt-get upgrade doesn't want to install over
them, as they have higher version numbers than the ones in the archives.

If I'm wrong, please correct me - this is observed behavior, rather than
investigated fact.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Guillotine, n.:  A French chopping      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | center.                                 |