RE: How to enable DMA at boot time

I am curious to know what other folks did but I started mine as a script,
immediately after the fsck check. It seems like a bad idea to enable
(possibly risky) DMA stuff before you've gone through a necessary fscking. I
also set it up so it obeys standard init.d script style, so start enables
DMA and stop disables it.