Re: How do you recover a long filename that Wndows squashed?

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:42:16 -0800 (PST), "nate"
<debian-user@aphroland.org> wrote:

>Pigeon said:
>
>> In Nero 5.5 you set "Iso Level 2 (max 31 chars)", "ISO 9660",
>> "Joliet", "Allow path depth of more than 8 directories" and "Allow more
>> than 255 characters in path" in the ISO tab of the New
>> Compilation dialog.
>

>I seem to remember joliet barfing on files with more then 1 period in
>them e.g. libtiff3g-dev_3.5.5-6_i386.deb
>
>but I have never used nero, only cdrwin for ISO images under win32(last time
>I used it was a few years ago)
>
>nate

Nero seems to be able to write such filenames OK, and Windoze can read
them, though some apps get confused when they try to process them.

Nero (v5+) is quite good really - it has a sort of cdrecord vibe about
it somehow, though maybe that's just because it's German. It is the
most likely Windoze app to crash my system, but other CD burning apps
do so much more often - eg NTI CD-Maker 2000, supplied with the CD-RW.
Yecchh.

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:17:23 -0500, Levi Waldron <ledawa@softhome.net>
wrote:
>mkdir /windows
>mount /dev/hda /windows   (sub hda with windows hd device name)

... and don't forget to add -t vfat (for FAT32) or -t msdos (for
FAT16).

Pigeon