Re: Searching for sources

Hi David,

thanks for answering, but what I meant was that if I wished to look for
another package that, as just like the case of pine, DOESN'T have a
binary version due to license restrictions or anything else, I couldn't.
Or at least up to now I don't know how to work it out.

Another example could be the IDEA ciphering algorithm. GnuPG doesn't
consider this algorithm because of patent restrictions. The point is
that in some countries the patent doesn't apply, and at GnuPG web site
you can download the source of the plugin, compile and install. And the
question remains, how am I suppose to know whether this IDEA plugin is
available (like pine) to be downloaded and installed via apt-get source?

Regards,

Bruno.

--
Bruno Diniz de Paula <diniz@cs.rutgers.edu>