Re: How do I add CD's to dselect package list?

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 07:21, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Am 09:17 2002-11-20 -0500 hat Wathen, Metherion geschrieben:
> >
> >Hi all,
> >I need to know how to add CD's with programs and dependencies I downloaded
> >from Debian.org to the list searched by dselect.
>
> What about deselect -> Access method -> CDROM ????

No. Nowadays, you should really use APT. (and, as far as i can remember,
dselect's cdrom method does not maintain a cache of what's on your CDs)

mw: do you have internet connection on the machine you want to install
the packages to? if yes: no need to download them to CD first - use
'apt-get install' instead.

cheers, Stefan.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?