tiger complaines about ypbind running as root

Hi all,
If get messages like these like every hour or so send from "tiger".
>Subject: Tiger Auditing Report for lehua
> NEW: --WARN-- [lin003w] The process `sshd' is listening on socket 6012
(TCP on loopback interface) is run by shao.
> NEW: --WARN-- [lin003w] The process `identd' is listening on socket 113
(TCP on every interface) is run by identd.
> # Checking listening processes
> OLD: --WARN-- [lin003w] The process `ypbind' is listening on socket 709
(UDP on every interface) is run by root.
> #else /* TIGERCHANGES */
> OLD: --WARN-- [lin003w] The process `ypbind' is listening on socket 741
(UDP on every interface) is run by root.

Especially the lines about 'ybbind' come up a lot.
(I just pasted the first to line in from other messages I got from tiger -
to show some variety...)

What are these "problems" (process x listening on socket is run by root)
about, anyway ?
Any enlightenment appreciated ;-)

Thanks, Sebastian