Automatic creation of VMware kernel modules?

When building a new kernel (with make-kpkg) I always forget to also
build new VMware kernel modules.

It would be easy to put make-kpkg and vmware-config.pl into a script,
but that is not enough: we have multiple machines using the kernel
package I thus create.  Therefore, we need to find a way to put the
VMware kernel modules into a *.deb for easy installation (or to teach
CFengine to install them to the right location).

Suggestions?

kai