jpegs to mpeg? convert->mpeg2encode?

Hi all.

I have a user who has found that the "convert" program (part of
ImageMagick) can string a list of JPEG files into a MPEG movie.  Or at
least, it used to be able to do that; it relies on a delegate program
called mpeg2encode, but from what I can find through google it seems
that mpeg2encode was rolled into the ImageMagick package at some point,
and later discarded.  I've been unable to find mpeg2encode on its own,
either in the Debian archives or elsewhere.

So, is there some other way of turning JPEG's into an MPEG, or is
mpeg2encode available someplace and I'm just failing to find it?

Thanks,
-mrj
--
# Michael Jinks, IB # JFI/MRSEC/EFI Computing # University of Chicago #
      Reader!  Think not that