keyboard and mouse do not work in X

Hello everyone, first time poster long time troll :)

I'm only having one problem with debian at the moment and that is whenever I
start xdm/kdm/gdm my mouse and keyboard become unresponsive.  Unfortunately
I'm pretty new to linux/debian so I'm not sure where to look to change the
settings.  I'm running Xserver from the unstable tree and my mouse and
keyboard are both wireless USB Logitech's.

If someone could point me in the right direction or just straight out tell
me how to fix this issue I would be most pleased!

Thanks