Re: audio problems

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 05:08, ernst wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can u get sound working if u are root? If so, do 'chmod a+rw /dev/dsp'.

I'm no audio expert, so I don't know if this applies to /dev/dsp - but
I'd rather not have somebody I've given shell access to able to turn on
my microphone at any time and listen to what I'm saying ... or shout
obscenities at me through the speakers, for that matter (I've seen
similar things done at university)

Better just to have it available to the group, and only put certain
people in the group.

Richard