Re: kernel recompile

Craig Jackson wrote:
Just installed woody but I forgot to install UFS driver. Being somewhat new to Debian (I have in the past recompiled the kernel on Gentoo and Redhat) what is the standard procedure for recompiling the kernel under Debian? I need the source kernel. My present kernel is vmlinuz-2.4.18-bf2.4

BTW, Debian so far is tops.

Craig Jackson

If you don't want to go to the trouble of re-compiling, then the "kernel-image-2.4.19" package from Debian that I just installed here has it compiled as a module already. Just "apt-get install" it from "testing" and make sure you follow the directions on adding the initrd option and it will slide right in without problems. I just "upgraded" from the 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel. It took about 5 minutes total for the d/l and install over a cable modem connetion. Much less than compiling a new kernel!

-Don Spoon-