Re: "Burn" CD audio to a file

At 09:45 AM 11/25/02 -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
>You won't be able to play it like an audio CD.  When your CD-ROM drive
>does this, it does it at a much lower level; the OS just gives it
>cd-player-style commands like "play" "stop" "skip", etc, rather than
>reading the bits of music and feeding them to the soundcard.  The CD-ROM
>is connected directly to the soundcard and just spews the music over
>there without processing it at all.  So until you put the music under
>the laser, you won't be able to test it "like and audio CD."

I was wondering if there might be a driver to emulate that, though.

Regardless, but if can get cdrdao to write to disk and somehow play it
that's all that would be needed.  Seems like such a thing would be very
helpful in developing CD reading and writing applications.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org