that dreaded APM

Ive almost got my system 100% the way I want it !!!

However APM.

I have configured the kernel with the modules
Y	General setup/power management support
Y	General setup/advanced power management BIOS support

I have dselected and loaded
apmd

if I type amp -v I get

AMP bios 1.2 (kernel driver 1.16)
AC on-line, no system battery

I take this to be good, I have a AMP bios ??!
If i
/sbin/poweroff
or
shutdown -h now

Linux shuts down but the hardware does not.
Its a 700MHz PIII, pretty standard, my old Red Hat 7.2 shut the hardware down
AOK, so I know it can work.

I tried to find documentation on AMP in /usr/src/ .. /Documentation

I have checked /var/log/messages & syslog

no luck
If someone can throw me a bone and tell me where to look I would appreciate it

Dave

PS
What will I do when my Debian is configured ???
Learn to program ??? !!!!