Re: dist-upgrade (from potato to woody) snag

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 10:14:37PM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> seeing lots of this during an "apt-get dist-upgrade" from potato
> to woddy today:
>
> 	<yada snip>
>
> 	Setting up libxslt1 (1.0.16-0.1) ...
> 	ldconfig: /usr/oracle/lib/libvbj30ssl.so is not a shared object
> 	file (Type: 768).

okay, on the theory that apt-get dist-upgrade is a bit like a
rolling pin where each iteration smooths out some more bumps
(hey, it's worked like that before) i'm doing other iterations
and still get the

	Setting up console-tools-libs (0.2.3-23.3) ...
	/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/oracle/lib/libvbj30ssl.so is not a shared
	object file (Type: 768).

stuff but now i also see a new oddness:

	Setting up console-tools (0.2.3-23.3) ...
	Installing new version of config file /etc/console-tools/config
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory graphics
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory net
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory system
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory tools
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory graphics
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory net
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory tools
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory graphics
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory net
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory system
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory tools
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory

	Looking for keymap to install:
	us
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory graphics
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory net
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory tools
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory graphics
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory net
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory system
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory tools
	dhelp_parse: no title found for directory

eh? is this making me skip important config dialogs?

-----

i also noticed on the first iteration that the standard "file"
command hadn't been installed, and was tripping up some of the
install process. apparently it was downloaded and installed
mid-process somewhere, because it's there now...

at start of first apt-get dist-upgrade, it was

	# whereis file
	file:

and (gladly, after first iteration of dist-upgrade) it's now

	# whereis file
	file: /usr/bin/file /usr/share/man/man1/file.1.gz

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 2.2;
Linux server 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #11 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Which COMMANDS pertain to <xyz>? Try "apropos <xyz>",
"info <xyz>", and "man -k <xyz>".