Re: dist-upgrade (from potato to woody) snag

will writes:

> seeing lots of this during an "apt-get dist-upgrade" from potato
> to woddy today:
>
> 	<yada snip>
>
> 	Setting up libxslt1 (1.0.16-0.1) ...
> 	ldconfig: /usr/oracle/lib/libvbj30ssl.so is not a shared object
> 	file (Type: 768).
>

> 	Setting up libreadline4 (4.2a-5) ...
> 	ldconfig: /usr/oracle/lib/libvbj30ssl.so is not a shared object
> 	file (Type: 768).
>

> 	Setting up libssl0.9.6 (0.9.6c-2.woody.1) ...
> 	ldconfig: /usr/oracle/lib/libvbj30ssl.so is not a shared object
> 	file (Type: 768).
>
> 	<yada snip>
>
> 1) is this an unimportant side-effect that can be ignored?
> 2) is it fixable?
>
> i toyed with oracle 8i for about half a day and then went
> postgresql instead. is that the 'oracle' being referred to? if
> so, what's it got to do with ldconfig?

If you are no longer using the libraries in /usr/oracle/lib and it is
listed in /etc/ld.so.conf, then you may want to remove the listing of
it in /utc/ld.so.conf.

If apt-get is running ldconfig after it updates libraries (which it
looks like it is) and "/usr/orace/lib" is listed in the dynamic
linker's configuration file, "/etc/ld.so.conf", then ldconfig is
checking that library to help set-up the dynamic library sub-system
and apparently there is something wrong with libvbj30ssl.so.

I suggest removing "/usr/oracle/lib" from "/etc/ld.so.conf" and then
re-running ldconfig.

Elizabeth