Re: X priority warning

On Sunday 24 November 2002 06:40, Roy Pluschke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting the following warning on starting X:
>
> X warning: process set to priority 0 instead of the the
> requested priority -10
>
> I start X using the 'startx' command and while everything
> works fine messages like this really bug me. How do I get
> X to start at the proper priority or failing that how do
> I set the requested priority to 0 ??
>
> Another nitpick -- when exiting X I get the following message:
>
> waiting for X server to shut down FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/lib/fonts/misc"
> refcount is 2, should be 1, fixing
>
> Does anybody know what this is about and how to correct it??
> I am running testing if that matters.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Roy

The priority can be set in /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config

The priority is set correctly despite of the warning (as you can see with the
"top" command). The warning comes from a bug in Xwrapper. It uses a C unix
function "nice" to set the pririority which return 0 to mean "succeed" (as it
is common for C program). But Xwrapper believe that the return value of nice
is the priority which has been set and display a warning.